We all dream to accomplish a lot in life, but then for some reasons we can’t stand out from the crowd, and we wonder why. This is because we may need more time, more motivation, and more energy.
Actually, we already have the time, we only have to improve the way we manage it.
But, what about energy and motivation?
In this article I will give you 3 very simple tips to boost your energy and your motivation, in order to increase esponentially your productivity.
1. An apple a day…
“An apple a day keeps the doctor away.”
Apples contain pectin, which lowers both blood pressure and glucose levels, boron, that supports strong bones and a healthy brain, and vitamin C, that boosts immunity, which helps maintain overall health.
But even more important, apples help boost brain power.
Apples are one of the foods that health experts say will help you think clearly, boost your memory and of course contribute to overall good health.
To help your brain funcion, be sure to eat your apples with their skins on since that’s where you’ll find most of their quercetin, which primary benefit is having a high amount of antioxidants.
2. Walk every day
“All truly great thoughts are conceived while walking.” Friedrich Nietzsche
Research has shown that regular walking has lots of benefits.
Some of them are the following:
– It reduces your risk of heart disease and stroke.
– It can help prevent dementia: being active has a protective effect on brain function and regular exercise reduces dementia risk by up to 40 per cent.
– It tones your legs – especially if you add hills.
– If you’re walking outside in daylight, you’ll be boosting your body’s stores of vitamin D – a nutrient that’s hard to get from food, but that we can synthesise from exposure to sunlight, that improves our mood and our overall health.
– The ability of exercise to boost mood is undisputed – just 10 minutes of walking can boost your mood for 2 hours. Getting active releases feel-good endorphins into the bloodstream, and this significantly reduces stress and anxiety.
– Walking regularly helps losing weight.
– We think and learn better when we walk or do another form of exercise – research has shown that when we exercise, blood pressure and blood flow increase everywhere in the body, including the brain.
More blood means more energy and oxygen, which makes our brain perform better.
3. Listen to music
“Music can change the world because it can change people.” Bono
Music has the power to improve your efficiency and to change your mood in a moment – but please, remember to avoid sad and depressing songs, otherwise music could negatively affect your day.
One thing I strongly recommend is to listen to music while walking, it will boost your mood and it will give you a lot of energy – and walking won’t be boring!
Whatever you are doing, if you want to listen to music in the morning before starting your day, I suggest you to listen to something energetic (Rock, Pop, Commercial Latin…).
While, if you want to listen to some music in the afternoon after work, I would listen to something more relaxing (for example: Cinematic Orchestra, Ludovico Einaudi, Buddha Bar, Gotan Projet…).One apple a day, walking everyday (or almost everyday) and listening to music.
If you start including these 3 simple but effective habits in your life, you will notice how this will significantly improve your productivity and your wellness, adding energy to your day and boosting your motivation.
This work by www.youperfect.org is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at www.youperfect.org.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at www.youperfect.org.